Lab Technician I
Performs routine laboratory tests under close supervision to determine chemical or physical characteristics designated by the customer. Assists all operations with the testing of various product lines. Ensure safe chemical procedures, quality standards and compliance with regulatory requirements for working with and handling raw materials, production, and final products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Standard Operating Procedures, Work instructions, and accurate data collection for all chemical lab analysis methods.
- Responsible entering timely and accurate data into the TruChem Lab System
- Experimental procedures and subsequent results will be accurately recorded and, when possible, the Laboratory Technician may be asked to interpret results and present key findings to senior laboratory members.
- Responsible for ensuring dosing solutions are filled for all Ancoysis units.
- Sets up, adjusts and operates laboratory equipment.
- Assist in or perform basic analytical tests from well-defined standards and procedures as assigned by the Laboratory Manager.
- Clean and sterilize laboratory equipment.
- Prepare chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- Exercise procedural, safety and quality requirements specified in Laboratory.
- Understand and be able to complete laboratory raw data sheets and make accurate entries.
- Submit proposals to Change Control Board
- Submit process changes to the Change Control Board
|Teamwork||Continuous Improvement||Quality||Accountability||Deliver Results|
|Cooperation||Seeks New Solutions||On Time, Good Work, in Cooperation with Others’ Goals||Results Focused||Delivers in Accordance with Goals and Expectations|
|Shares information||Applies Learnings||Alignment to Whelen Values and Standards||Assumes Responsibility||Addresses Obstacles|
|Demonstrates Respect||Professional Development||Customer Focus||Embraces Change||Seeks Out Opportunities|
- Shares information
- Demonstrates Respect
- Continuous Improvement
- Seeks New Solutions
- Applies Learnings
- Professional Development
- On Time, Good Work, in Cooperation with Others’ Goals
- Alignment to Whelen Values and Standards
- Customer Focus
- Results Focused
- Assumes Responsibility
- Embraces Change
- Deliver Results
- Delivers in Accordance with Goals and Expectations
- Addresses Obstacles
- Seeks Out Opportunities
- Escalates nonconforming product issues to Lab Manager.
- Escalates operational or operator error concerns to responsible manager.
- Notify Lab Manager if shut down and Lockout/Tagout measurement equipment fails accuracy or capability standards.
- Notify Lab Manager if measurement equipment and Lockout/Tagout safety issues are identified.
Education and Experience
- AAS in Chemistry or a science/technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 0-2 years working in a test lab environment,
- Familiarity with using Word, Excel, Minitab etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.APPLY FOR THIS POSITION