This position will be processing the waste generated from the manufacturing of printed circuit boards through the wastewater treatment and water recovery systems in order to generate process water to be re-used in the manufacturing processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Running the following waste treatment systems within specifications:
- Carbon Filtration system.
- Ion Exchange system.
- Reverse Osmosis filtration system.
- Metals batch treatment system.
- Crystallization process.
- Etch recovery system.
Process waste through the metals batch treatment system.
- Calibrate pH sensors weekly on the batch tank and the final pH tank.
- Send treated batches through the Filter Press.
- Dump, scrape, and clean filter presses.
- Perform housekeeping as necessary.
Managing filter press waste containers.
- Label and seal container in preparation for shipment.
- Ensure there is no free liquid in the sludge containers.
- Perform Housekeeping on filter presses and filter press area.
Process waste through the Stage 1 evaporator.
- Dump waste from the evaporator and process through the crystallization tanks.
- Perform housekeeping on evaporator and crystallization tank area.
Manage the crystallization process.
- Separate crystals from liquid.
- Dry and containerize crystals.
- Label and seal containers for shipment.
Process liquid waste from Stage 1 Evaporator through Stage 2 Evaporator.
- Fill and run Stage 2 evaporator.
- Monitor process and dump evaporator when cycle is complete.
- Ensure there is no free liquid in the waste container for Stage 2 evaporator.
- Label and seal container to prepare for shipment.
- Perform Housekeeping on and around Stage 2 evaporator.
Process dilute waste stream through the carbon filter / Ion Exchange system.
- Monitor carbon filters and perform maintenance on filters, changing out carbon when pressure exceeds specifications.
- Monitor input and output of Ion Exchange system to ensure conductivity remains in specification.
- Perform calibration of the conductivity sensors as needed.
- Perform Ion Exchange regenerations when conductivity reaches upper limit of specification for the system.
- Perform housekeeping on Ion exchange and carbon filter systems.
Run and monitor the Reverse Osmosis (RO) filtration system from the process water tank to generate low conductivity water for the manufacturing process.
- Monitor pressures and conductivity on the system to ensure the system is functioning properly.
- Perform Conductivity calibration as required for the systems sensors
- Perform RO membrane changes when required
- Perform housekeeping in the RO area.
Clean and cut up empty drums, palletizing the plastic pieces for disposal or recycle. Clean and dispose of used process filters from production. Ensure all waste containers are properly labeled, sealed and stored designated area in a neat manner. Perform other duties as required to maintain the cleanliness of the facility.
|Teamwork||Continuous Improvement||Quality||Accountability||Deliver Results|
|Cooperation||Seeks New Solutions||On Time, Good Work, in Cooperation with Others’ Goals||Results Focused||Delivers in Accordance with Goals and Expectations|
|Shares information||Applies Learnings||Alignment to Whelen Values and Standards||Assumes Responsibility||Addresses Obstacles|
|Demonstrates Respect||Professional Development||Customer Focus||Embraces Change||Seeks Out Opportunities|
- Shares information
- Demonstrates Respect
- Continuous Improvement
- Seeks New Solutions
- Applies Learnings
- Professional Development
- On Time, Good Work, in Cooperation with Others’ Goals
- Alignment to Whelen Values and Standards
- Customer Focus
- Results Focused
- Assumes Responsibility
- Embraces Change
- Deliver Results
- Delivers in Accordance with Goals and Expectations
- Addresses Obstacles
- Seeks Out Opportunities
- Report any system slowdown or failure immediately to the department manager.
- Has the authority and the responsibility to report unsafe acts, chemical spills or environmental risks to the department manager or any senior employee who can elevate immediate action.
- Has the responsibility and authority to communicate with production management to inform them of any issues with the wastewater processing systems and to gain information of production process requirements so the technician can plan and accommodate production needs.
- Works with close supervision
Education and Experience
- High School w/1+ years’ experience or Technical School w/0-6 months’ experience.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.APPLY FOR THIS POSITION